What are uPVC doors?
Selecting the right type of door for your home can make a big difference. Today, both uPVC doors and composite doors are very popular and to choose the door that is just right for your home, you need to know the difference between the two. Here, at Abelglass, we have both types of doors. So, you can choose either, depending on your requirement.
PVC stands for polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which is a chemical compound derived from chlorine, hydrogen and carbon. The “u” stands for un-plasticised, which means that chemicals known as plasticisers have not been added to the PVC to soften it.
uPVC doors are considered modern alternatives to wooden doors and are much cheaper than installing doors made from wood. Some of the characteristics of uPVC doors include:
- These doors do not rot or decompose when exposed to water.
- They are resistant to weathering.
- They are low maintenance doors.
- uPVC doors are tough and can withstand impact easily.
- It does not warp or get out of shape due to varying temperatures.
- uPVC can be reshaped at extremely high temperatures and, hence, are considered recyclable.
- They are durable and sturdy, offering a sense of safety and security
What are Composite Doors?
As the name suggests, composite doors are made using a combination of materials to ensure that the resultant product has the beneficial properties of the materials. Usually, glass, wood, insulating foam, reinforced plastic and uPVC are used to make composite doors. These doors have the following characteristics:
- Composite doors are resistant to weathering.
- They maintain their shape and appearance in all weathers and temperatures; and do not warp, twist, dent or bow.
- They are more energy efficient compared to wooden doors, as they have higher thermal resistance.
- They are low maintenance doors and can be cleaned using a damp cloth.
- They are available in a range of colours and finishes.
- They are durable.
We, at Abelglass, realise the importance of choosing the right door. A door is the first line of defence against intruders and, hence, it should be sturdy and secure. This is exactly what you can expect from our uPVC and composite doors. Our wide range of uPVC and composite doors can suit anyone’s taste and budget. So, contact us today on 01253 893355 to experience our professional and reliable services, and get the perfect uPVC or composite door to match the architecture of your home. The end results will not just reflect your personality, but it will also be well within your budget.